The St Crispin Story
The St Crispin bowls pavilion and green were built in 1953 by St Crispin Hospital staff as at that time they were located within the hospital grounds.
St Crispin Psychiatric Hospital opened its doors in 1876 and closed in 1995.
The Hospital staff continued to run the bowls club attracting members from the local community even after the Hospital closed.
Members are the fundamental core of any club, ensuring its success continues.
Our club is no exception!
Our club’s ethos is to assist bowlers to enjoy the game of bowls at the highest level according to the individual’s ability and be socially interactive.